Monday, March 30, 2009

Story Time

We went to the local library a few weeks ago, (these pictures were taken with Sydney's disposable camera, so I had to wait for the film to be developed). The story was Alex and the Amazing Lemonaid Stand, a story about a little girl with cancer who started a lemonaid stand to raise money for cancer research. We checked this book out from the library and Sydney read it right away, so I thought it would be neat for her to meet the author and hear her read and talk about the book.

There was a craft after, to make get well cards for people in the hospital, here are Ryan and Sydney with their cards...

I actually made Sydney make a new one because her first attempt was a little scary!




I explained that a sick person might think about blood and the upset look on this persons face and they might not feel very good. Sydney meant well; the card was of a kitty and a bowl of raspberries and the person was surprised that the kitty had made a big mess with the berries! An obvious choice for someone in the hospital, right?!




1 comment:

Rachael said...

He, he...love her card. That's funny.