Friday, August 12, 2011

summer school


Since the summer is almost over, I guess I should admit that we didn't do as much "school" as I had hoped, but I'm sure my kids kept learning anyway :)

We took an afternoon and went to Deception pass...





We came home with pockets full of rock (I admit, I brought the most)


I had some fun making letter stones, and story stones.



Gretchy!!


I made a lower case and upper case set of letters, so the girls could put them in alphabetical order and make pairs of letters that go together.


I also made these "word builders" from paint sample papers, and just so anyone might be impressed with me, I got all my ideas from someone else :)

I had Ava move the one card that had an ending sound on it over the other card that had consonants on it and write the ones down that made a word, she loved it.


Ava's and my sharpies on foil drawing.


This idea came from here , we used Lego's to stamp pictures.


Sydney's




and Ryan's ( I only got a picture of the beginning)



Looking forward to more "summer schooling" :)



No comments: