We started our remodel adventure almost 2 years ago with our kitchen and bathroom, and at the same time the siding on our house was redone. I was pregnant with our 4th child and was homeschooling our oldest 2. It was a very busy time , but Travis and I learned a lot and had some fun together . We were without our kitchen for, I think, about 3 months, and the bathroom for a few weeks.
Around the same time we started also working on our garage and a small room that was behind it. I had big hopes of making a "bonus" room out of it. As we've stuffed more kids into our house it has become smaller and smaller, and add our school stuff, well, we're a little cramped.
I have , very patiently, been waiting for my room and for the last few weeks it has been the object of Travis' attention when he isn't at work. The room has a dirt floor and the roof needed to be raised about a foot and a half, Travis was doing this himself , very very slowly. I'm not complaining that he was working slowly, I just thought that raising a roof by yourself wasn't the best way to do it. Travis had the roof raised so close to where it needed to be when I heard a bang outside, the whole roof almost fell , it was hanging sideways, after all that time and work, well, I was really upset.
4 comments:
Nicely done, you guys! Kuddos to Travis for doing it as much by himself as possible. I think you learn more when you can take your time, ask questions, learn by trial and error. So the footings and the roof were already there, you're just redoing the walls and interior?? How pioneerish of you! We would never attempt such a feat. Could you see Kevin doing any of that? We thought we were doing good by learning to put up drywall all by ourselves.
So, what are your plans for this bonus room??
And thanks for making a post so I could see what you were talking about!!
"ask for help when you need it"... hmmm... that's a novel idea...
wow I didn't know it looked like this looks great I'll have to have Matt keep coning back till its done
Very exciting, Teresa! Can't wait to see the "done" pictures.
Post a Comment