Wednesday, January 27, 2010

A school visitor

Yesterday we had my nephew Connor over so he and Ava could do some school work together. Travis was home from work so he took the older 2 to visit my dad and Gretchen was napping, so we had some good uninterrupted time to learn. Yay!

Ava drawing a picture that made her happy.

Connor's picture that made him ...happy?


happy, I said...that's better!


His picture was of Ava and a rainbow and flowers. Makes you happy, doesn't it?


Ava drawing a picture of Connor (her first picture was of herself smiling, but unfortunately her happy picture didn't make Connor happy, so she drew this, Connor approved.


Next we did a lesson from 100 Easy Lessons To Teach Your Child To Read and we learned about m and s so the kids colored these letters that I drew out.


I put the s on the other side and we made a 2 sided laminated mat.


Then the kids got to use play-doh to shape out the letters on their new mats.


Snack time!


As we were finishing snack we did some science flash cards and then learned about patterns and adding with some connecting beads.


The last thing I got pictures of was playing with the Egyptian Playmobil, they had fun playing and I read a little about how they made mummies and about Pharaohs.
They also learned how to draw a bunny and Connor made a book mark.
Overall I think the kids had a good time, but I'm tired now just typing all this!



2 comments:

julia said...

great job Connor looks really sleepy, Ava is super good with drawing just like Sydney looks like he learned alot thanks

Unknown said...

Wow...I got tired just reading it! It looks like you're doing a great job homeschooling. You are awesome Teresa!