Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Community Workers - Police Officers

We are learning about community helpers and today we talked about Police Officers. We read a little about what they do, talked about different situations, and then the kids each got a paper doll to make into a police officer.

Ava just had fun cutting hers up.

Sydney's had a surprised look because he saw a bad guy.


Ryan's is a Pokemon Police (huh?)


Then we got to play with our community workers Legos





While the kids were playing I asked Ryan and Sydney some math questions.

Twelve bad guys robbed a bank. The jail has 4 cells, the police want to put the same amount of criminals in each room.
How many in each cell?

I told Ryan that it was a dividing problem , so he figured out that it was how many 4's in 12, Sydney was actually the first to get the answer of 3!
Not a bad History, Math , Reading and Art class!!

2 comments:

McJason's said...

You must be one fun teacher! Can I come learn from you:).

McJason's said...

Oops....Can I come learn from you? See I already need grammatical help:)